Classes are taught by the same SE/CS faculty who teach our full-time Software Engineering students. Our world-class faculty excels both in and out of the classroom, conducting research that has a measurable impact on industry and consulting to national and international businesses. Every member of the faculty is dedicated to maintaining the high standards of excellence that are expected from The Erik Jonsson School at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1991
- M.S., Computer Science, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1987
- B.Tech., Computer Science, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 1985
- Programming Languages: Implementation, Semantics, Applications, Constraint and Logic Programming, Static Analysis.
- Software Engineering: Software Verification, Real-time Systems, Domain Specific Languages, Interoperability.
- Parallel and Distributed Processing: High Performance AI and Constraint Logic Programming Systems, Automatic Parallelization, Parallel Architectures, Applications.
- Artificial Intelligence: Logic based Intelligent systems, constraint satisfaction, constraint programming, implementation
- Human Computer Interaction: Tools for Visually Impaired; Intelligent Interfaces.
- G. Gupta, et al. Logic, Coinduction, and Infinite Computation. Slides from CALCO’11 invited talk.
- N. Saeedloei, G. Gupta. Coinductive Constraint Logic Programming.
- K. Marple, A. Bansal, R. Min, G. Gupta. Goal-directed Execution of Answer Set Programs.
- K. Marple, G. Gupta. GALLIWASP: A Goal-directed Answer Set Solver.
- A. Karshmer, G. Gupta, E. Pontelli. Mathematics and Accessibility: A Survey.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Kent State University, 2003
- M.Sc., Computer Science, The University of Memphis, 2000
- M.A., History, “Babeş-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 1996
- B.Sc., Computer Science, “Babeş-Bolyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 1995
- Software Engineering
- Software Evolution and Maintenance
- Program Comprehension
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Purdue University
- M.S., Computer Science, Purdue University
- B.S., Computer Science, Eastern Michigan University
- Program-Based Testing, Debugging, Reliability, Safety, and Analysis
- Architecture/Design-Based Testing, Debugging, Metrics, and Analysis
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 2000
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 1996
- B.Sc., Computer Science and Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1993
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Data Mining
- Database Systems
- Semantic Web
- Complex Data Management (Multimedia, Geo-Spatial)
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Purdue University, 2005
- Graduate Certificate in Statistics, Purdue University, 2005
- M.S., Computer Science, Purdue University, 2002
- B.S., Computer Engineering with Minor in Finance, Middle East Technical University, 2000
- Data Security
- Data Privacy
- Privacy-preserving data mining
- Cloud computing
- Ph.D., Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- M.S., Electronics Engineering & Computer Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 1980
- B.S., Electronics Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Japan, 1978
- Computer networking, wireless networks, network security
- Software engineering for large scale systems
- Multimedia systems and protocols
- Computer architecture
- Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, 2005
- M.S., Computer Science, Vanderbilt University, 1980
- B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1978
- High maturity practices
- Statistical thinking
- Best practices for software engineering
- Agile methods
- Empirical software engineering